Fantastic Sams - My hair was butchered after I asked for a trim.

I went in to the Fantastic Sams on US 41 in Bradenton, in the Target plaza.I used to go to the salon in Ellenton and recently moved to this area.

I have talked to the owners while in Ellenton on several occasions and I knew they owned this salon as well. I expected to get the same quality of service and left the salon in tears. I have been growing out a stacked bob for nearly a year and my hair was to my shoulders almost completely fitting in a ponytail. I told the stylist, Mandy, I was growing it out and wanted a trim.

I mentioned maybe having some layers put back in to help the curl, but was concerned that it wasn't quite long enough. She indicated that she knew what I wanted. She trimmed the ends and proceeded to cut layers, which resulted in a loss of about 6" on my whole head. I now have my top layer of "bangs" that barely reach the end of my nose, hair which used to reach my shoulders.

I now have to straighten my hair on a daily basis which will increase the damage to my hair, plus I can no longer show off my beautiful curls. I have a very round face and this cut will probably continue to look bad for several months and it will be another 6 months to a year before my hair is back down to my shoulders.

I would upload pictures if possible.I have never been this disappointed in a stylist in my whole life.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Youra Skank

Feb 28, 2015 #952074 New Haven, Connecticut

Your bad haircut is not the problem. Your looks would only improve if you wore a paper bag over that fugly face and chubby pale body. Better still, a plastic bag. Sealed. Solves the problem.

1 11 Reply

May 17, 2015 #985488

Let's see your picture....

1 1 Reply

Jan 19, 2015 #932991

Oh my is that a bad cut. I'm feeling for you!
That's not even a Trim on the ends! That's a *** job. D:

0 2 Reply

Jan 10, 2012 #406875 Dale, Hordaland

Pam, while I understand you are just doing your job, I have no interest in persuing this any further. I have worked retail management for 7 years and I am aware that any further action merely results in coupons for free or discounted hair cuts/merchandise. If this is what I get from a full price cut, what will be the result of a discounted one? I am not interested in EVER returning to one of these salons again. I merely want to warn other clients of the potential outcome upon entering these salons. I am still having to pin my "bangs" back after nearly 8 weeks so that I can attempt to look professional at work.

4 2 Reply

Nov 28, 2011 #381754

I am sorry you did not receive the type of service you would expect from Fantastic Sams Hair Salons. I have forwarded your complaint to the regional office. If you would like to speak with them, please email me your contact information at Thank you.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fantastic Sams. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Fantastic Sams.
Filing a new complaint about