1.7K views 5 comments
Featured on Pinterest Not resolved

So I arrived at Fantastic Sam's on Telephone Road, Ventura CA at 12:30.I was seen right away because they were NOT busy at all.

(Should have been the first sign.) I asked to a Partial highlight meaning to get my roots done. She went to the back made the bleach mix and came out and started. After 45 min she was done and had me under the dryer. 45 min under the dryer and she takes me to the tub, then to the chair to dry and see what I look like.

The front part of my hair was 1 inch from my scalp. I tell her to fix it. She gets kind of an attitude but does as I ask. Walked out of there at 3:30 and my hair is 4 different shades and still 3/4 of an inch from my scalp.

What was the point in me getting my roots done when i look ridiculous coming out of there? Still had to pay for the highlights because it was what i asked for. HMMMM!!! Not Happy at All!!!!

It look like I let a first day of beauty school student do my hair.

Review about: Fantastic Sams Hair Color.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $60
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Fantastic Sams?

Comments

Panorama City, California, United States #974452

I had the sane issue in Sun Valley, Ca, went in for a touch up highlights and came out with five different shades of bronze!! Hate it, the worst part i still had to pay! Ugh

So glad you want to put your two cents in on something you have no clue about. I am a cosmetologist as well, and a partial mean 12 foils in the Mohawk area 1/8" away from your scalp to end, a full foil means the whole head foiled.

to Anonymous Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States #919438

Yes....My 2 cents.

I've been a cosmetologist for over 20 years......half of them in UK....I've worked for toni&guy for most of my career, and Aveda the rest . I'm pretty sure i know how to foil. Like I said....cheap generally winds up costing a great deal to fix. My point?

Pay to have it done right the first time.12 foils in the "Mohawk" area, is not a partial foil, FYI.

Leslie
to Anonymous Memphis, Tennessee, United States #946549

That is way more that 1/8th of an inch from the scalp.And, you apply it 1/4" out because it will spread to the scalp.

My clients would be furious if I ripped them off, calling a partial a 12 foil Mohawk.

I don't know who taught you that.

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States #911188

Your first mistake was going to Fantastic Sam's. If you were looking for quality, being cheap isn't going to help. For future reference, a partial foil doesn't mean your roots.